This example provides us another opportunity to play another round of Nonprofit What If. Remember the rules of >Nonprofit What If? Take a successful concept used elsewhere and consider how you can apply it at your nonprofit for fun, profit and mission enhancement. Consider the benefits. If you are inspired, find others using the model to learn more.
Round #3: What if you worked with one or two other nonprofits to consolidate your back office procedures?
- You will do more with less resources
- Collectively, you can hire one expert to staff each function and less expensive personnel to support them (instead of each organization hiring a semi-expert)
- Economies of scale provide additional cost savings
- Staff members focus on what they do best, instead of performing scattered tasks in cross-functional areas
- Donors love collaboration
- Opportunity for positive media exposure
- Once you work together, new program collaborative opportunities will become visible
Intrigued? Want to explore the concept further? Google these Chattanooga organizations to check out their “back office consolidation models.” And check out articles on our website www.kedconsult.com about developing partnerships under Articles and Resources and then Team Building.