Monday, September 14, 2009

How They Want to be Loved by You


“I don’t like spiders and snakes and that ain’t what it takes to love me… like I want to be loved by you.”

Since we are on the topic of snakes… perhaps you remember these Jim Stafford’s lyrics about a young romance. They came to me the other day when I heard about a nonprofit that developed an elaborate and expensive (and very clever) marketing plan to contact foundations and other potential donors.

Marketing and pr are great to get the word out. And, woe be the nonprofit who hides its good work in a closet but if foundations and donors had lyrics they would be something like this . . .

“I like relationships and programs that change lives. I like knowing how I can and do help. I like knowing what needs doing next so we can continue to make an impact . . .

Not very lyrical perhaps, but its how they want to be loved by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment